CHCF Releases Health Care Costs 101 - 2005
California HealthCare Foundation has released its annual Health Care Costs 101 Snapshot, a visual representation of costs and financing trends over the past decade, as well as predictions of future costs. Taken from several public and private data sources, the presentation is a valuable overview of health care financing issues in California and the nation.
Health Care Costs 101 includes details on:
- National health spending as a share of gross domestic product;
- Per capita health costs nationwide;
- Spending distribution by health care categories;
- Who pays for health care;
- Historic payment sources (federal, state, and private);
- Spending allocations on health services;
- Trends on annual health care growth rates; and
- Prescription drug cost trends.