5 Cases Settled in West Virginia
Submitted by Robin Mathias on Sat, 02/05/2005 - 12:34pm. News and Commentary | Fraud Cases
U.S. attorney says he’s serious about health care fraud, LancasterOnline.com
U.S. Attorney E. Thomas Johnston announced plea agreements of five healthcare fraud cases.
The article describes the settlements with five providers:
- Dr. William C. Dressler of Martinsburg, WV was charged with upcoding.
- Dr. Sadtha Surattanont of Romney, WV agreed to settle charges of upcoding by paying $195,000 and agreeing to five years of monitoring of his participation in Medicaid and Medicare.
- Dr. Harry D. Price of Martinsburg, WV allegedly filed false claims from 1997 to 2002.
- George M. Kane, 53, of Avonmore, PA, pleaded guilty to embezzling from an account related to West Virginia University Hospitals’ radiology department.
- Robin K. Straight, 46, of Fairmont, WV sentenced Jan. 31 for wrongly billing Medicare for psychiatric counseling services.